twelvetwentytwo
Tuesday, December 21, 2004
 
My 19th bday
Shan planned a bday party for me, and roped joseph in to help too. Wilbur was invited and so was kiong, but kiong couldn't make it in the end cos his uncle had died, but on the phone, he told me that he had become a colonel.

Kiong:

"You know hor, i have been promoted to a colonel liao."

Gail:

"How come?"

Kiong:

"Oh, cos my upper study lost this document signed by this colonel, and then he gave me a piece of paper and a copy of the colonel's signature, and said, you see hor, this is the colonel's signature hor, and after 5 mins, i miraculously produced the document liao. Haha."

Gail:

"Haha. Good, when we meet up, you can tell us more jokes."

Kiong:

"Yup, can can, cos i think i've just become farnie again."

Darling and me went to church, and Rev Michael Tan was not as boring--- this is his 2nd time he was not so boring. We had lunch at Han's--- beef spaghetti, grilled fish set lunch for darling and sirloin steak (well done) for me. Then we took a bus home and stopped at holland village to get wilbur's and kiong's present--- a mango scrub from The Body Shop for kiong, and a water tumbler from starbucks for wilbur. Then we went home, and darling took a nap while i did some errands. Then i wanted to sleep but wilbur came liao, and he tuned my cello and 1 string broke--- the A string. Then shan came and we watched super size me, eating a lot of yoghurt and some snacks. Then we had dinner of zhi cha and chicken curry and then went back to watching the show. Wilbur had to leave soon, so we ate the durians he bought so he could have some before he left. Then we watched bowling for columbine, which was very funny. Wilbur went home, and i sent him downstairs, and wished him a Merry Christmas and thanked him for coming (the usual polite thing to do). Then me, darling and shan packed up and went upstairs. I had diarrhoea. After that i bathed and then shan bathed and next was darling. We watched bowling for columbine from the beginning cos i missed out on some parts. Shan slept and i woke her up at the end of the show. and snacked on durians, shan and mum's egg sandwiches and hotdogs, and more yoghurt. Then we watched men in black 2, and shan slept again cos she was tired, so she decided to go back to our room for the night--- joel's room (por por and sue slept in john's house)--- while me and darling continued to watch. After the show, darling gave me my present which was the Eloise book! Then we all slept. Darling woke me up at 8.30am to go to the zoo, but we decided not to go cos we wanted to sleep. Shan had to go home to help out her music teacher, and i went down w her to wait for her dad to fetch her. I went back up to sleep and woke up only at 2.30pm. I went to wake darling up too, and i snuggled w him until he finally got up. Haha--- darling's eyes look v funny and cute when he just wakes up. Hee. He looks a bit like elmo punk when she just wakes up ie blur. Then we watched eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and david joined along. Then we had to go get ready for my dinner at punggol seafood restaurant. John called his mum's hp and wished me happy bday. That was very nice of him. Dinner was funny w a lot of racist jokes, and with a lot of lovely nice crabs and other seafood--- never seen crab pincers as large as those here! Bigger than the small plate given. Harold gave me flowers, and aunty waihar asked joseph if he gaved me flowers. Joseph: "No, i give her other things". Then mummy dropped me and joseph home 1st, and he went to poop (eats a lot poops a lot, darling ALWAYS needs to poop after a meal). Then when everyone came home, we went to cut the cake, which had to be done fast w/o aunty may cos mummy lighted the candles too early and/or the boys and aunty may came back too late, cos mummy thought she saw them behind her when daddy was driving. After cake cutting, everyone sat down to talk a little--- rawther, me darling, mummy, daddy, aunty may and sze liang. Aunty nora and sue had cake too. Darling cut the cake for everyone and impressed aunty may and my mum, when he only cut a mere 2 slices and those were not well cut either. I told the pple there that darling's nose was fake cos it had undergone plastic surgery and my dad chuckled and aunty may was shocked. Sze liang asked if it was true. Then darling and me coloured some pictures in the eloise book and wrote a card and packed an ang pao ($50) for por por. Darling doesn't know how to write teng (love in chinese). Tsk tsk. Considering he took higher chinese and his dad is a chinese tuition teacher, it's very very bad. He stayed around looking at our past photos together, until it was past midnight and we both wished por por happy bday. Then my bday was over and it was porpor's turn.

My bday was perfect, just as darling promised. The 1st perfect bday in 7 years. Note: by perfect, i mean that nothing terrible happened.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger